Chose Reading: http://www.borndigitalbook.com/excerpt.php
Choose any one reading from the assigned readings for this assignment. You may want to use other readings as sources for your analysis in the critical response portion, but you should summarize and respond to only one reading.
Write a 200-250 word summary of the article. Be sure to use the techniques discussed in class.
Remember, a successful summary should:
• identify the source of the information
o This will often require including the author’s name, but including the title of the text is rarely necessary outside of assignments like this.
• state the main idea of the text (the thesis, claim, or results of the research).
• include only the most important examples and supporting details.
o Presenting the material in the same order that the text does is usually a good idea.
• state the author’s conclusion.
• use strong reporting verbs (e.g. “maintains,” “indicates,” “shows,” “argues,” “insists,” etc.) when appropriate.
• maintain an unbiased account of the text.
• use appropriate pronouns (“he”, “she”, “they”, “it”, etc.). There should not be “I”, “we”, “you”!
Write a 300- 350 word critical response of the assigned text. As discussed in class, the word critical does not necessarily mean negative. If you have annotated the text well, it already reflects how you feel about the author’s arguments.
A successful response will:
• state your opinion to one or more of the author’s ideas.
• explain why you agree or disagree.
• include your interpretation of the text.
• include proof and evidence to support your reasons based on your life experience and knowledge or based on authoritative sources.
• include quotations from the text to support your opinion.
• use strong verbs (e.g. “maintains,” “indicates,” “shows,” “argues,” “insists,” etc.).
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂