1) Choose two variables from the food categories, two variables from the health & physical activity category, and two variables from the socioeconomic characteristics category. You are choosing six variables. At least four of the six must be variables that are a percentage or a rate per 1,000, as opposed to a count of items.
2) Find the name and descriptions of your variables in the Food Environment Atlas Resources: Excel Data and Documentation Download
3) Write a brief document (50 WORDS) in grammatically correct English that includes
*The Selected State (Arizona)*
4. Your selected variables which is to include the following five items: variable name, variable code, definition, category code, and whether your data is expressed in numbers, percentages, percent change, rate per 1000, etc.
*As an example*
Variable name = Population, low access to store, 2010
Variable code = LACCESS_POP10
Definition = Number of people in a county living more than 1 mile from a supermarket …
Category code = ACCESS
Expressed in = number.
5. Why you think intuitively *DO NOT* do any research each of the variables you chose may or may not correlate strongly with each other. For example, do you think number of fast-food restaurants correlates with adult obesity rates? Remember: At this point you do not know the statistical answer.
*Note: That this is data by county, and some variables are percents or rates per 1000 population, some variables are percent changes, and other variables are counts. Most states have a few counties with a really large population and therefore a really large count of whatever variable is being measured. It may not make sense to ask if the number of fast-food restaurants correlates with adult obesity rates percentage; it may make more sense to ask if the number of fast-food restaurants per 1000 population correlates with adult obesity rates percentage*
*SEE RESOURCES, LINKS, AND INFORMATION REGARDING THIS ASSIGNMENT BELOW*
*The data you will be using may be found at: http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/food-environment-atlas/data-access-and-documentation-downloads.aspx#33770*
*This will take you to a page that includes the following* =======================================
Data Download 8/19/2015
*Click Data Download. You should get a spreadsheet called DataDownload.xls
*As you do the food assignment, please look at the data for the state and variables you choose (Arizona). Please be sure you are choosing variables where there is different data by county. If the data by county is identical, please choose a different variable*
*Note: also that you will be exploring the data for ALL counties within the state of ARIZONA – not just for a single county*
Get your dissertation done at dissertations-help.com
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more