hould the panel have recommended that section 50 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 be amended to regulate ‘creeping acquisitions’ so that the anticompetitive effect of an individual merger is assessed by reference to the aggregate effect of other mergers undertaken by the same corporation within a stated period of time?

Your task Choose either Topic A or Topic B, and write a 3000 word (excluding referencing) research essay. Topics The Competition Policy Review (Harper Review) final report released on 31 March 2015 include the following: TOPIC A: Concerns about ‘creeping acquisitions’ typically arise where a business with a substantial degree of power in a market acquires many small competitors over time… On balance, in the absence of evidence of harmful acquisitions proceeding because of a gap in the law on creeping acquisitions, the Panel does not consider that a sufficiently strong case for change has been made. (p. 321-323) Did Harper get it right? Should the panel have recommended that section 50 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 be amended to regulate ‘creeping acquisitions’ so that the anticompetitive effect of an individual merger is assessed by reference to the aggregate effect of other mergers undertaken by the same corporation within a stated period of time? Illustrate your response with examples from the case law, current affairs and the literature. TOPIC B: Recommendation 30 – Misuse of Market Power The primary prohibition in section 46 of the CCA should be re-framed to prohibit a corporation that has a substantial degree of power in a market from engaging in conduct if the proposed conduct has the purpose, or would have or be likely to have the effect, of substantially lessening competition in that or any other market. (p. 348) Did Harper get it right? Has the existing ‘purpose’ test under section 46 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 failed to guard against misuse of market power? Illustrate your response with examples from the case law, current affairs and the literature. Assessment Criteria This essay will be marked out of 100 and account for 30% of the total grade. · 10% Consistent use of legal citation and referencing (following the Australian Guide to Legal Citation), and correct use of legal terminology, grammar and spelling. · 40% Thoroughness of research, and quality of synthesis of legal materials and information relevant to the topic. · 50% Clear articulation of issues, applicable law and legal reasoning; a well-structured discussion and presentation of arguments; critical assessment of legal issues and law reform (as appropriate)

Order a unique copy of this paper
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency

Order your stats paper today and save 10% with the discount code SPSSCOVID10