Talk The Magic of Truth and Lies (and iPods)
Discussion Board Sessions:
You must post at least two postsfor each discussion session to receive full credit.
?Original posts:Original posts to each discussion session should be a minimum of 350 words.
This requirement helps promote writing that is both thorough and yet concise enough to permit other students to read all the posts. First person is allowed in your posts.
?Interaction posts:Not everyone has the same opinions, ideas and/or backgrounds;
Therefore, you are to reply to at least one original thread by your classmates.
The interaction post should be at least200 words.
Comments on Posts:Please note that “I like what you said”, “That’s a good comment”, and “I disagree with your comment” in and of themselves do not count as a complete reply. Rather, stating why you liked or disliked the comment, adding additional thoughts or ideas to the original comment, or providing alternative ideas/thoughts when you disagree, count as a reply (interaction post). Courtesy in any disagreement is expected; thus, personal attacks or calling an idea “stupid” are not acceptable and will reduce your grade.
Seelig, T. (2012).InGenius: A Crash Course on Creativity. HarperOne.
Read Ch. 4-5 in Tina Seelig’s ‘inGenius” and watch two short videos: This is Water (~ 10 min) based on the commencement speech of David Foster Wallace and TED Talk The Magic of Truth and Lies (and iPods) (~ 5 min.) by magician Marco Tempest. If the links to the videos do not work here, you can find the videos in the Videos folder on the Course Menu. Answer the following questions about the chapters and the videos.
1. Ch. 4: What connections do you see between the main ideas in the videos and the chapter? Provide at least two specific examples.
2. Ch. 5: Conduct a focused observation of your everyday environment, a familiar place or a spot you’ve visited many times (e.g., MSOE campus, your workplace, house, room, classroom, the road you take every day to drive to school or to work, your social media page, your computer desktop, etc.)
A. What kind of space is it? Private space? Group space? Publishing space? Performing space? Participation space? Data space? Watching space?
B. Try to see the place through fresh eyes. What new things did you notice about the place? Use the sample questions from the Observation Lab on pp. 77-78 in InGenius to help your observation. You don’t have to answer the questions. Use them as guidelines only.
3. Ch. 4 and Ch. 5: Why are the spaces in which we live and work and acute observations critical for creativity and innovation? Provide at least one example from the book or from your personal experience. Try to connect your response to Tina Seelig’s concept of The Innovation Engine
Here’s the meaning behind the grades your peers and I will use to assess the presentations. You can use these comments as clues about how to work toward a higher grade. Discussion postings that meet ALL criteria for a grade level will receive the highest points possible at that level. Postings that meet mixed levels of criteria will receive a score within the point range of the appropriate levels.
A (100-93 pts.) Outstanding/Excellent/ Distinguished
“A” discussion postings:
• Demonstrates knowledge of the reading and/or video.
• Fully address the Discussion Session questions.
• Stimulate at least one substantial follow-up posting.
• Responses and comments are thoughtful, insightful, and fully-developed,, not just recitation of facts from the chapter/video.
• All information is logically organized, clear and concise.
• Correct grammar, mechanics, and punctuation are used.
• Meet the length requirement for the original and interactive posts.
• Posts are made in time for others to read and respond.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more