It tests whether a sample mean of a normally distributed interval variable significantly differs from a hypothesized value.
To run a paired t-test
Click on the analyze menu- compare means– click on the Paired-Sample T-Test
- The paired sample t-test dialog box opens
- Select the two variables you want to test from the left and then click the transfer arrow button to move them to the paired variables box
- Click ok
- The output viewer window opens
To run the independent t-test
Is used to compare the means of normally distributed dependent variables for two dependent variables.
Click on the analyze menu- compare means– click on the Independent-Sample T-Test
- The independent- sample t-test dialog box opens
- Select a variable on the left side and click on the arrow to transfer it to the Tests variable(s)
- Select another variable from the left side and move it to the Grouping variable box
- Click the Define Groups button to open the define groups dialog box.
- Type 0 on the Group 1 and type 1 on the Group 2 Click continue
- Click Ok
- The output viewer window opens with several tables including the independent sample t-test.
Use the following coupon code :