Simple linear regression
A simple linear regression is used to check a linear relationship between a normally distributed interval predictor and another normally distributed interval outcome variable.
To run a simple linear regression
- Switch to the data view window.
- Click analyze menu- regression- linear
- The linear regression dialogue box will appear.
- Select a variable from the left of the box- then click the first transfer arrow to the Dependent box
- Select a second variable from the left of the box- then click the second arrow to the Independent(s) box
- Click Ok