Scared Straight 20 years later
(Netflix DVD, Ayala Library, YouTube in 10 parts)
Please note: there is an abundance of explicit language and sexual terms in this film.
This is a classic film about a group of juvenile offenders visiting a maximum security prison. They are confronted with a group of “Lifers” who try to scare the teens
away from prison.
There is also a 20-year follow-up with some extraordinary, and some sad, stories of the teens and convicts outcomes.
At the end of your documentary review, connecting the film to course content, please address these questions.
1. Describe the attitudes of the teen offenders before they went to Rahway. How did they seem to feel about themselves, their ways of life, and their victims?
2. What did the teens expect to encounter at Rahway? How was their experience different from what they expected?
3. What effect did the convict’s approach seem to have on the teens during the confrontation?
4. Looking back after twenty years, what did most of the now-adult participants feel that the Rahway experience did for them?
5. After 20, years, how did the experience affect the convicts who spoke to the teens?
6. What is your favorite story from this film (for either a teen or a convict)? How they were at the beginning of the film and 20 years later?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂