Hand Soap Manufacturing
1. Assigned a specific industry to research. The outcome will be a material and energy balance for a plant producing 100 tonnes/day (100,000 kg/d) of finished
2. The final report is demonstrated. Make sure your data are complete.
3. Make sure that equipment is sized correctly and to accurately depict plant-wide energy utilization.
4. Material mass balances and energy balances are required.
5. If assumptions occur, they must be clearly annotated.
6. The final report consists of an executive summary and all pertinent secondary data. Executive summary as follows:
Production output: 100 tonnes/day
Raw material (list what they are) tonnes/day
Fossil fuel use: kJ/kg
Steam use: kJ/kg
Electricity: KW and kwh/kg
Environmental Mgt.: kJ/kg
1. The second page of the report will include a one-lined diagram of plant activities.
2. There must also be a table indicating energy utilization/kg product at each station during the production process. For electric motors reference 10 hp motors
and larger. As example for a steam milling operation noted on the diagram might be: Steam @ 400 oC, 0.5 MPa è 12.5 kJ/kg. The energy content of steam can be found at
costs and equipment needed for waste management.
4. In your narrative describe energy management opportunities that apply at systems in your assigned plant. A good guideline is to shoot for the big energy users
first. 10% cost reduction for a million dollar system makes bosses happier than 50% cost reduction at a $25,000 system.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂