Course Project: Beginning or End of Unions
Write an 8- to 10-page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that identifies the challenges that unions face in the 21st century.
Include all aspects of the assignment criteria outlined.
Use a 12-point Times Roman or Arial font, double-space it, and have 1 in. margins as a standard format.
Do not include extra lines between paragraphs and so forth.
You should use theory throughout your paper, which covers the aspects of the TCOs reviewed in the previous weeks.
You should use a minimum of six scholarly resources.
DeVry University policies are in effect, including the plagiarism policy: cite in text when quoting (copying information word for word) or using words and thoughts that are not your own.
Submit assignments in Word documents only to the Dropbox by the due date.
Graphs and tables are not needed and should not be used in this paper.
Grammar, punctuation, spelling, and so forth will all be taken into consideration when awarding points.
Proofread your papers before submitting; spell check is not foolproof.
Course Project: Beginning or End of Unions?
Objectives | Course Project Paper Topics | Guidelines | Milestones | Grading Rubrics | Best Practices
Back to Top
The purpose of this project is to apply your critical-thinking skills to address the following concepts in a comprehensive paper. Do not simply respond to these items but provide a fully reviewed paper about the future of unions.
The objective of this paper is to share your professional understanding related to labor relations and unions based on theory. Include the theories from the discussions, your readings, and the TCOs reviewed throughout the course in this paper.
See the Course Project Paper Tour below for more information and tips for writing the paper.
Course Project Paper Tour
Course Project Paper Topics
Back to Top
These are the topics you have to choose from to write the course paper.
• In today’s economic climate, with more and more organizations continuing to shed jobs, can unions survive?
• Consider a specific union, such as the United Auto Workers, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Teamsters, National Education Association, American Federation of Teachers, and so forth, and discuss their viability into the future. What does this specific union need to focus on to remain in the business world?
• What changes are needed for unions to maintain support from their membership, the community, and the employers?
• Labor unions are experiencing a decline, which includes political influence and membership. How does politics influence membership decline?
• What generational aspects (i.e., baby boomers, Generation X, Generation Y) have influenced labor unions and will continue to do so?
• What other external dynamics are impacting labor unions? For example, how does the global workforce impact union strategies?
For unions, where were they, where are they, and where do they need to go to remain or regain an active and viable organization in the 21st century?
• For unions, where were they, where are they, and where do they need to go to remain or regain an active and viable organization in the 21st century?
• What is the future of public sector employees and their union membership? A number of states have focused on reducing benefits and union rights. Is this the future and will this focus spread to other organizations outside of the public sector that have unions?
• What types of bargaining strategies need to be put into place for unions to be able to survive inside organizations?
Back to Top
• Write an 8- to 10-page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that identifies the challenges that unions face in the 21st century.
• Include all aspects of the assignment criteria outlined.
• Use a 12-point Times Roman or Arial font, double-space it, and have 1 in. margins as a standard format.
• Do not include extra lines between paragraphs and so forth.
• You should use theory throughout your paper, which covers the aspects of the TCOs reviewed in the previous weeks.
• You should use a minimum of six scholarly resources.
• DeVry University policies are in effect, including the plagiarism policy: cite in text when quoting (copying information word for word) or using words and thoughts that are not your own.
• Submit assignments in Word documents only to the Dropbox by the due date.
• Graphs and tables are not needed and should not be used in this paper.
• Grammar, punctuation, spelling, and so forth will all be taken into consideration when awarding points.
• Proofread your papers before submitting; spell check is not foolproof.
• This paper is worth 250 points and will be graded on the quality of the research topic, quality of paper information, and use of citations, grammar, and sentence structure.
Back to Top
Feedback will be provided to assist you in maximizing points on this paper. I strongly encourage you to review the feedback that will be provided and apply it to this paper.
Submit your project to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these step-by-step instructions or watch this TutorialDropbox Tutorial.
See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date information.
Back to Top
Assignment Title: Course Project
Category Points % Description
Documentation and Formatting 25 10 The paper should follow instructions as outlined under the guidelines.
Organization and Cohesiveness 50 20 The paper should have topical flow with like subjects in each paragraph. Paragraphs should flow and link from one topic to the next. The paper should follow the outline submitted in Week 5, as well as apply instructor feedback. Paragraph transitions should be present and logical. Page count should follow guidelines.
Editing 25 10 Sentences should be complete, clear, and concise. Sentence transitions should be present and maintain the flow of thought. Rules of grammar and punctuation should be followed. Spelling should be correct. Sentence structure should be clean and clear. The writing style should follow appropriate undergraduate-level writing.
Content 150 60 The paper content should be thorough, yet concise. Information included should be relevant to the topic and provide depth and clarity of theories, as well as theory application. All key elements of the assignment should be covered in a substantive way. Concepts should be reviewed clearly, supported by specific details (examples or analysis), and organized logically. The paper should link theory to relevant examples of current concepts and industry practice. There should be correct use of vocabulary and theory.
Total 250 100 A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Back to Top
These are suggestions for what could be included in this section.
The following are the best practices in preparing this paper.
• Cover Page—Include who you prepared the paper for, who prepared it, and the date.
• Table of Contents—List the main ideas and section of your paper and the pages in which they are located. The illustrations should be included separately.
• Introduction—Use a header on your paper. This will indicate you are introducing your paper.
The purpose of an introduction or opening should do the following.
1. Introduce the subject and why the subject is important.
2. Preview the main ideas and the order in which they will be covered.
3. Establish a tone of the document.
Include in the introduction a reason for the audience to read the paper. Also, include an overview of what you are going to cover in your paper and the importance of the material. (This should include or introduce the questions you are asked to answer on each assignment.)
• Body of Your Report—Use a header titled with the name of your project. Example: The Development of Hotel X—A World Class Resort. Then proceed to break out the main ideas. State the main ideas, state major points in each idea, and provide evidence. Break out each main idea you will use in the body of your paper. Show some type of division, such as separate sections that are labeled, separate group of paragraphs, or headers. You would include the information you found during your research and investigation.
• Summary and Conclusion—Summarizing is similar to paraphrasing but presents the gist of the material in fewer words than the original. An effective summary identifies the main ideas and major support points from the body of your report. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the ideas and how they affect the tourism industry.
• Work Cited—Use the citation format as specified in the Syllabus.
Additional hints on preparing the best possible project are as follows.
1. Apply a three-step process of writing: Plan, write, and complete.
2. Prepare an outline of your research paper before you go forward.
3. Complete a first draft and then go back to edit, evaluate, and make any changes required.
4. Use visual communication to further clarify and support the written part of your report. You could use example graphs, diagrams, photographs, flowcharts, maps, drawings, animation, video clips, pictograms, tables, and Gantt charts.
The following are the best practices in preparing this paper.
• Create a separate title page, which includes name, paper title, and university.
• Include an introductory paragraph that identifies the paper’s content: Introduce the subject and the reason it is important, preview the main ideas and the order in which they will be covered, and establish the document’s tone.
• Include a concluding paragraph that provides a summary of the major points from the paper.
• Use a formal writing style for academic writing (sharing information and facts or theory).
• Write your paper in third person.
• Fully describe the concepts and theories. (What does the information mean?)
• Apply a three-step process of writing: Plan, write, and complete.
• Use the outline created in Week 5 to provide topical flow.
• When making a statement, for example, all people who break the law should improve their communication skills to stay out of jail, you must substantiate that statement. If that statement is not your own thought or a statistic, cite it. If it is your opinion, state that it is and explain the information that led to that conclusion. Provide enough information to validate and explain statements.
• Minimize copied information, which just teaches you how to copy and paste. Use critical-thinking skills to understand the material researched.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more