Complexity Science and Chaos Theory
Through this articles, you have been exploring complexity science and chaos theory. For nurses who strive to offer impactful leadership and effective management, how could this information be applied to produce better outcomes?
For this Discussion, you address the relevance of complexity science and chaos theory to a specific situation in an organization.
• Review the information below, Consider the implications for a nurse executive, nurse manager, charge nurse, and an informal team leader.
• Bring to mind a related example from your organization or one with which you are familiar.
• As you think about these examples, consider the relevance of complexity science and chaos theory to the organization and, specifically, for nurses in various roles who have differing responsibilities (e.g., a nurse executive versus a unit-level manager).
Writea description of the relevance of complexity science and chaos theory to a specific situation in your organization or one with which you are familiar. Explain how you would use this knowledge base to be most effective in various nursing leadership and management roles (e.g., as a nurse executive, unit-level manager, charge nurse, team leader).
Articles to help complete the assignment:
• Ford, R. (2009). Complex leadership competency in health care: Towards framing a theory of practice. Health Services Management Research, 22(3), 101–114.
Ford identifies health care organizations as complex and adaptive and in need of a new style of management called complex leadership. This article informs readers on the components behind complex leadership as well as those behind complex organizations.
• Perez, B., &Liberman, A. (2011). Toward the adoption of complexity science in health care: Implications for risk taking and decision-making activities. The Health Care Manager, 30(1), 71–85.
This article features a study on risk taking and decision making in health care. The authors also evaluate system theories and mechanistic and complexity philosophies in relation to health care.
• Haigh, C.A. (2008). Using simplified chaos theory to manage nursing services. Journal of Nursing Management, 16(3), 298–304. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
This article addresses chaos theory within the scope of nursing services. The purpose of this study was to determine if the theory could predict the outcomes of new projects as well as impact nursing management.
• Waltuck, B. A. (2011). Exploring chaos and complexity. The Journal for Quality and Participation, 34(3), 20–21.
Waltuck’s article describes change as the motivator behind potential developments. He argues that the most adaptive companies are the ones that learn and respond to change.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂