Classical Christology II
Lesson 5.1. After reading the Study Notes for this lesson and after reading Kereszty (251-266), please answer the following questions.
1. The Patristic principle of participation, central even to the theology of Origen, would move to the center of theological attention during the Middle Ages.
Reviewing the theology of St. Bernard of Clairvaux, please discuss the “history of the Word incarnate” (253) and its importance for the individual Christian’s
2. Up until now the Assignments have focused on person and nature of Jesus Christ and on the salvation of humans. But the created order, in some sense, also
stands in need of salvation. Please explain this in the light of St. Anselm’s theology and discuss its relationship to human salvation.
3. St. Thomas Aquinas sets out a distinct edifice describing the hypostatic union in which the concepts person and subject play a central role. Please explain
St. Thomas’ theology of hypostasis focusing on these two central concepts.
Lesson 5.2. After reading the Study Notes for this lesson and after reading Kereszty (267-324), please answer the following questions.
1. While outlining Luther’s contributions, Kereszty also countenances distortions of Catholic truth in the theology of Martin Luther. Please explain the
theological principle of communicatio idiomata, identify where Luther is at odds with the Magisterium, and discuss how these errors affect conclusions he comes to in
2. Please explain Calvin’s understanding of the Patristic principle, Christ as Mediator. Outline the full trajectory of Christ’s mediation and its role in human
3. What is meant by the phrase Liberal Protestant theology? Please write a summary that includes sections on Kant, Hegel, Bultmann, and Schleiermacher.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more