A longitudinal approach to assessing urban and suburban children’s exposure to pyrethroid pesticides
Read the article: “A longitudinal approach to assessing urban and suburban children’s exposure to pyrethroid pesticides”. The following questions are based on that article, which is in the module 3 readings in the course content tab.
A note about box plots: Box plots are used to show the shape of the distribution of many results around the median. The horizontal lines in each plot represent the 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, and 90th percentiles of the urine samples collected over 15 days. The 50th percentile (median) means 50% of the samples were above that value and the other 50% were below that value. The circles represent outlier values, or values above the 90th percentile. PBA and trans-DCCA are abbreviations for two urinary metabolites associated with pyrethroid exposure. Base your answers to the questions below on the Lu et al article.
1. Are pyrethroid pesticides currently in use?
2. In figure 2a, how many children reported no residential pesticide use? How many reported using pesticide in the home?
3. Looking at Figure2 consider parts A, B, and C, and approximate the highest concentration of trans-DCCA found in any child’s urine sample. Be sure to give the answer with the correct units.
4. According to Figure 2B, does an organic diet appear to reduce exposure to pyrethroid pesticides?
5. According to the article, what do the researchers hypothesize about exposure to these particular pesticides via diet versus residential use?
6. If you were a parent of a child, how might you change your behavior based on the information presented in the figures? What factors might keep you from acting on this information?
7. What was the most important finding of this study?
8. Identify and describe a possible intervention to reduce pesticide exposure in children (this will require outside research beyond the Lu article).
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more